Keep frozen until use. Do not heat in this bag. Always cook beans to 160°F before eating. Adjustments to these directions may be necessary to cook thoroughly.
NOTE: Times based on 900 to 1200 watt microwave ovens. Microwave ovens vary; adjustments may be necessary for your microwave oven.
- Place beans in 2-quart microwaveable covered casserole dish.
- Add 1/4 cup water (2 tablespoons for half package); cover.
- Microwave on HIGH 13 to 18 minutes (7-1/2 to 10-1/2 minutes for half package) or until beans are cooked through, stirring halfway through microwave time. Let stand 1 minute.
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in 5-quart Dutch oven. (Use 1/2 cup water and 3-quart saucepan for half package.)
- Add beans. Return to boil; stir.
- Cover; cook on medium heat 6 minutes (5 minutes for half package) or until beans are cooked through. Stir, then drain.
Quick Thaw: To quick thaw for cooked recipe use, place beans in strainer under warm running water until thawed. (Beans should always be cooked to 160°F prior to using in uncooked recipes.)