Keep frozen until use. Do not heat in this bag. Always cook mixed vegetables to 160°F before eating. Adjustments to these directions may be necessary to cook thoroughly.
NOTE: Times based on 900 to 1200 watt microwave ovens. Microwave ovens vary; adjustments may be necessary for your microwave oven.
- Place mixed vegetables in 2-quart microwaveable covered casserole dish.
- Add 1/2 cup water (1/4 cup for half package); cover.
- Microwave on HIGH 12 to 16-1/2 minutes (7 to 10 minutes for half package) or until vegetables are cooked through, stirring halfway through microwave time. Let stand 1 minute.
- Bring 1-1/2 cups water to boil in 5-quart Dutch oven. (Use 1 cup water and 3-quart saucepan for half package.)
- Add mixed vegetables. Return to boil; stir.
- Cover; cook on medium heat 5 minutes (4 minutes for half package) or until mixed vegetables are cooked through. Stir, then drain.
Quick Thaw: To quick thaw for cooked recipe use, place mixed vegetables in strainer under warm running water until thawed. (Mixed vegetables should always be cooked to 160°F prior to using in uncooked recipes.)